Tuesday, November 07, 2006

I'm taking a different approach to "watching" the election results this year--at least at this point. I have two machines up. My laptop running Windows Vista RC2 is streaming Hugh Hewitt's program over on KKOL AM. By the way, Firefox 2 plus the common add-ins runs fine on Vista.

My main machine has Firefox up with 8 tabs. I am in love with Google Reader; I have all of the best bloggers in a category called "opinion" open in a tab that I refresh frequently. I have tabs dedicated to The Truth Laid Bear's wonderful election tracker, Fox News election page, and to CNN's Blog Party--at least for now.

Many pundits predicted a loss of both houses to the Democrat party. A smaller number predicted that the Republicans would retain both houses. I agree with Captain Ed that the Democrat party is likely to take the House--the only question is by how much--but the Republicans are going to hold the Senate--narrowly.